Saturday, August 17, 2013

Berlin Spieler spielt jetzt für Klinsmann

Brooks: ‘It Was Not A Hard Decision To Play For The USA’


JOHNNY BROOKS (HERTHA BERLIN) SPIELT JETZT FÜR DIE USA NATIONALMANNSCHAFT 

Frage:  How many German footballers has new coach of the USA National Team, Jürgen Klinsmann, recruited from the Bundesliga?




ussoccer.com: How is your first U.S. MNT camp going so far?
JB: “So far everything is fine. My new teammates and the staff have been very nice to me so everything is perfect.”
ussoccer.com: You played for the U-20 MNT and have also been courted by Germany. What went into your decision to play for the United States?
JB: “The U.S. really wanted me, so it was not a hard decision to play for the USA. I talked a lot to my family. My dad, who is from Chicago, my mom, my sister, my grandparents, my agent … all of them gave me advice. Since I decided to play for the U.S., they have been very happy, congratulating me and wishing good luck.”
ussoccer.com: For those U.S. Soccer fans who haven’t seen you play yet, how would you describe your game?
JB: “I think I am calm on the ball. I have good passing skills. And I am not as slow as I seem [laughs]. I don’t have that much experience yet as it’s my first year in the Bundesliga, so I have to learn a lot. I will learn when I am with the U.S. team and I will learn from Hertha and put those experiences together.”
ussoccer.com: It’s setting up to be a big week for you. You first make your Bundesliga debut and score the eventual game-winning goal, and now you may make your MNT debut. What are your feelings as you accomplish another goal in your career?
JB: “I just take it step by step. The next step is to play here against Bosnia. When I play, I want to give my best and go from there.”
ussoccer.com: : What is it like for you as a German-American to play for Jurgen Klinsmann, who accomplished so much during his career and is so respected in Germany?
JB: “It’s nice. He has lots of experience and has brought a little bit of German football over here into the team, so it’s exciting for me.”
ussoccer.com: What is it like to have the other German-Americans in the team?
JB: “It is nice having Jermaine [Jones], Fabian [Johnson] and Danny Williams so I can talk a little bit of German with them [laughs]. We can also talk about the Bundesliga, the U.S., and they can give me little clues. That’s good for me.”
- See more at: http://www.ussoccer.com/news/mens-national-team/2013/08/brooks-it-was-not-a-hard-decision-to-play-for-the-usa.aspx#sthash.3jMWyywT.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment