It's been covered by the New York Times; when I find that reference, I'll paste it in below, since by new German law, this video can only stay live - online - until the beginning of March (2013).
HERE'S THE MEDIATHEK VIDEO
A few questions to consider while watching this video:
- How does Amazon recruit for the Christmas season?
- Does Amazon these people hire directly? (Why, or why not?)
- Where do these people live?
- Where do they eat?
- How do they reach work?
- Are they generally punctual?
- What happens when they're not punctual?
- What happens to the almost-new-hirees, who wait for Amazon to need them?
- What did we learn about health care for these workers?
- What happened to the person caught with an extra piece of bread?
- What happened to the person who hung laundry on a heater to dry?x
- What did we learn about the security firm Amazon uses in Germany?
- Does one get the feeling that Amazon pays the required employer tax per employee?
- What happened to the documentarians working on this film?