Sunday, April 17, 2011

Tina Fey -- Bossypants



FROM AN INTERVIEW WITH TERRY GROSS (FRESH AIR; NPR)

Ms. FEY: (As Liz) Does this look like the makeup room of a clown academy? No. This is a statue - and I know you know this - of Eleanor Roosevelt: first lady to the world, champion of the rights of women, and the lid on my high school lunchbox.

Look, I know it can be hard. Society puts a lot of pressure on us to act a certain way. But this is a safe place, so you can drop the...baby act - and lose the pigtails.

Ms. MILIOTI: (As Abby) I like my pigtails. My uncle says they're "appealing."

Ms. FEY: (As Liz) Enough with the gross jokes and that voice. I want you to talk in your real voice.

Ms. MILIOTI: (As Abby) This is my real voice. And the little ... baby thing isn't an act. I'm a very "appealing" baby. I can't help it if men are attracted to me - like that homeless guy...over there... He likes what he sees.

Ms. FEY: (As Liz) OK: THAT could be for me.

Mr. HANNIBAL BURESS (--Actor): (As Homeless Guy) It's not. It's for her.

Ms. FEY: (As Liz)
Abby, I'm trying to help you.

Ms. MILIOTI: (As Abby) Really? By judging me on my appearance and the way I talk? And what's the difference between me using my "looks in an appealing way," and you using those glasses to look smart?

Ms. FEY: (As Liz) I AM smart. I placed out of freshman German.

--> Findest du Frau Fey hier auch lustig?

2 comments:

  1. She was in the movie baby momma that was ammusing. I'm still not sure what shes doing though

    ReplyDelete