Friday, May 6, 2011

Exciting VOLUNTEERING OPTIONS in Germany


While I've seen some programs advertise their 4-5-6 week summer programs to volunteer in Germany for a (whopping) $7000 fee, the recent GERMAN WORLD Magazine mentions Amity Institute, where for UNDER $1000, they'll match young people (aged 18-26) with a volunteer program for long enough to truly improve your German language skills: either 6 or 12 months!

Very often, it's situations such as these where, not only are linguistic skills firmly put into place, but one's interest in a career become defined. There are various fields about which you may inquire. Some fields may require specific knowledge.

The program starts with a 5-week introductory seminar together with other volunteers. It also generally places volunteers with at least one other volunteer (often with larger groups). Also included are free room and board plus a small stipend, along with health insurance and worker's compensation.

Feel inspired? Want to plan ahead? Cool!

EMAIL: volunteergermany@amity.org

OR WRITE:
Amity Institute VOLUNTEERGERMANY
3065 Rosecrans Place, Suite 104
San Diego CA 92110

5 comments:

  1. This could be helpfull for many people trying to learn the German language

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, thats really cool, thats a good way to learn german, than sitting in a class. It would probably only take couple weeks and months to learn it. Thats how i learned russian.sehr interesant, Ich mag die idee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds really awsome! I'm not sure though if I would be able to be there for 6 or 12 months. It seems like a really long time. I could probily stand 3 months maybe.. But with my new puppy I dont think I would be able to even think about missing anything and with my nease Rylee and my nephew Gayvn missing them growing up. I don't think I would be able to bring myself to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For under $1000 I'm definitely going to look into this program. I would love to be involved in such a great program like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like something everyone is capable of doing

    ReplyDelete