Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Oracles as Predictors for the New Year


Last year, our German Club melted wax (instead of traditional lead), and promptly dropped the wax into water. Using a decoder, we identified the shape of the wax to determine which direction our year would lead us.

I remember that some were bound to go traveling, while others were expecting romance to blossom, and others had various character traits selected as needing attention.

This year, our German Club will use a different determiner than melted wax. We'll use GUMMIBÄRCHEN! That's right. Each of us will, with our eyes covered, pull 5 different Gummibärchen from a bowl. Then, we'll turn to the German Gummibärchen Oracle.

Based on the combination of colors as found on the following CHART,

we'll get a sneak preview into this first year of the new decade.

Hope you can make it to German Club this week! Of course, you're welcome to try this any time. Feel free to share your results here!

14 comments:

  1. That sounds pretty awesome. It's too bad I can't go to German Club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Das klingt Spaß und verschiedenen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meine Zukunft ist bunt, fruchtig Gummis =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds really cool and fun. I wish I had enough time to go to german club

    ReplyDelete
  5. well it sounds iteresting but dont you think that you might get the wrong thing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats cool, its something different, but I wouldn't want to get the wrong thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last year this was fun when we did this in german club!! I think it will be better with gummys though because it wont be so messy

    ReplyDelete
  8. That does sound pretty cool. I'd like to go to German Club but I have too many things going on... i think it might just be too different from the original melting of lead though

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmm das ist sehr cool.. hmm too bad I am doing novanet after school. but it is going to be over very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was really fun to do in Deutsch club. I can't remember what I got but I remember that it was pretty darn close to my personality. I remember that one of the other people there go the completely wrong thing. I think that it said that he wasn't outgoing and that his friends weren't the ones to trust and that his girlfriend and friends would leave him! That really stinks if you got the wrong thing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wie suss! What a good beat. Something you can really get the rhythm of. It takes a lot of serious talent to be able to sing like that too!

    ReplyDelete